I am way tooooo late to write this next blog in the acne series…well.. what can I say…Life happened to me, I guess. Also, the picture is not really in sync with the topic of this blogpost but just look at her…she is so beautiful, mostly because she is happy and the flower tiara is a dream…even the flowers feel happy…just take a good look, even you’ll start smiling & so I had to use this picture.
Anyhow, in my last post I had shared some information on the reasons behind acne & today you’ll get to read what YOU can do about it…like, by yourself (yes, you hear it right, I’m not asking you to see the dermatologist yet 🙂 )
When you notice that first pimple trying to raise its ugly head, that’s your clue to start taking extra care of your skin & your lifestyle.
- Please make it a habit to wash your face at least three times in day. Read how to wash your face
- Trim your nails: no matter how much we deny it we all are guilty of knowingly or unknowingly picking at our pimples & long sharp nails make it even worse as there is a high possibility of contamination to other areas of the face as well as a pigmentation.
- Drink a lot of water: you have to help your body flush out the toxins plus it helps the skin in self moisturization.
- Adapt a healthy lifestyle: sleep on time, sleep at least for 6-7 hours uninterrupted, wake up fresh, eat lots of greens, exercise, meditate & try reducing stress.
- Do not apply creams/moisturizers on your face: yes you read it right. An oily face or for that matter excess creams on the dry face also aggravate acne. The key is to leave it bare after washing (just for a few days).
- Do not wear cream-based makeup: it’ll clog your pores & give rise to comedones that’ll eventually become acne.
- Avoid facials/cleanups at the salon: no matter what your therapist says, always remember that acne never clears up by salon procedures.
- Avoid dairy: there are many studies that suggest a link between excess dairy consumption & acne. You can have buttermilk instead.
- Do not try new cosmetics at this point in time.
- Do not keep oil on your scalp overnight.
- Please do not try to squeeze that pimple.
- Avoid dust & harsh sunlight.
- Do not have too many supplements: better to stop them for a few days.
- If you are suffering from dandruff kindly get it treated.
So, do keep these things in mind while you are battling with acne & if your acne is severe please see an expert also as you might need prescription drugs to clear them out.
Happy skin to you!
Photo by Autumn Goodman on Unsplash